CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 3, 2008

Goodbye Great Grandpa Hunstman


On Friday May 2nd, my dear Great Grandfather, LaVar Huntsman, returned home to his father in Heaven. Grandpa Huntsman was well into his 90s but had bid a temporary goodbye to his wife Ruth over a year and a half ago.

In the last few weeks of his life, Grandpa told us of the times that Grandma had come to visit him recently. We all knew she was growing impatient.

Grandpa will be sorely missed. I will never forget his smile, his wonderful stories, or his pet name for me, Curly, on account of my natural curls. I was so greatly blessed to have had my Great Grandparents live so long. Grandpa was a fantastic example and the best patriarch a family could ask for. We are all so lucky to have had the opportunity to learn from his example.

I rest assured that my Grandma is happy to see her LaVar again. Heaven is an altogether better place for it. I feel grateful for the knowledge that my dear Grandpa is in a much happier place and that he has had a most joyful reunion with the family that returned before him.

I love you Grandpa! Every time I wear my hair curly I will be reminded of you. I'll miss you but I hope I'll see you again some day. Please watch over my Nile and the little one, or ones, who have yet to join us on Earth.

2 comments:

Chris Clark said...

Im going to miss Grandpa! but im so happy to know that He is now back with Grandma! i know she misses him the most :D

Lois said...

Casi, this was such a sweet piece that you put in. It brought tears to my eyes. I know hes much happier now, but we do miss him. Grandma Lois