CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, December 1, 2007

First Snow!



Well what a better way to start this blog off right. With Nile's first snow. He was really enjoying it. He wasn't quite sure what to do and I'm sure he wondered why his face kept getting cold and wet but he was smiling and standing up tall in the snow to the side of our house. We went out and bought him cute little shoes and some snow pants just for pictures.

We couldn't convince him to smile more than once and his fingers were turning blue after just a few minutes. It's absolutely impossible to find infant sized gloves or mittens. Ya, we're not going to keep him outside for long but at least then he'd be able to play with the snow for a second without freezing his fingers off.

We just wanted him to experience the joy that is a white Christmas. I hope it keeps snowing, but of course Greg disagrees. He prefers a green Christmas. Oh well, at least we can say we got one snow fall. I was so excited when I saw it had started snowing again when we decided to take the pictures. I'm so excited for Nile's first Christmas, although I know he'll not care a whit about the toys and things he gets, but it'll be fun for pictures anyways. First Christmas' are all about Moms and Dads anyways. We are spending Christmas and Grandpa and Grandma Woodcox's this year. It will be lots of fun and I can't wait to see family and friends while we're down. If only it would come quicker! Although, not too quick because I've only done a tiny bit of shopping...so maybe I do need the few weeks I have left.

2 comments:

alishka babushka said...

Nile is getting SO big! He's a cutie, and definitely looks like Greg. :) Glad he got to try the snow out! it's the best!

Amy and Jeff said...

Hooray for blogging! Nile is so dang cute! I can't wait to get Lily and him together for a play date :)

Amy
http://theparkerzarker.blogspot.com

I'll add your blog as a link in mine right now :)